Sunday, January 18, 2015

Yummy in My Tummy Turmeric Tea

Tumeric Tea, Low Carb Trim Healthy Mama Friendly


     I have always had an issue with inflammation. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis when I was 12.  When my dad passed in 2012 my oldest brother was staying with us through the funeral services. Steve likes to cook and he gets creative to the point of “that’s scary” quite often. So when he started looking through the spice cabinet while cooking I got a little scared. Thankfully that meal was only for him as it was a curry and no one else cares for them.
     While he was looking through the spices he started talking to me about the health benefits of each one. When he found the turmeric he told me that this was one that I needed to work more into my diet. Of course I asked why, and he shared with me that it helps with inflammation and cold relief as well as a bunch of other benefits.
     I had forgotten about that conversation until I was floating around on pinterest as so many of us do and there was a glass of “golden milk” on my screen. I clicked on it to see what it was and was surprised to see that it contains turmeric. Then when I started following TrimHealthy Mama they came out with the Singing Canary…. I tried it to curb a craving for orange juice.  So then I went searching for the specific benefits of turmeric and wow did I find a lot. I also found a bunch of recipes for Turmeric Tea …
     I made a couple of them and wasn’t impressed until I started changing ingredients around… This is my version of Turmeric Tea.

Turmeric Tea

Printable Recipe

    8 ounces (1 cup) almond or coconut milk
    1/2 teaspoon turmeric
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
     1/8 tsp ground black pepper
    1/2 – 1 teaspoon sweetener
    1 teaspoon MCT oil, coconut oil or butter 

Instructions:
Gently warm the almond milk on the stove.
In a mug, combine the remaining ingredients.
Drizzle a teaspoon of the warmed milk into the mug and mix until the liquid is smooth. 
Then incorporate the rest of the warmed milk.

** for my fellow Trim Healthy Mama’s this is an S drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment