Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sugar-Free Coco Caramel Crunch Cereal


      It sure seems like I am on a cereal kick, but these recipes have been a life saver for me due to the ease of cooking as well as that it gives me options for breakfast and snacks that are quick and easy to put together. This cereal is amazing and the taste profile is crunchy and sweet like "Samoa Cookies". It is a little more time consuming to make but what a special treat. I'm sure it could be mixed into some Greek yogurt as well for a nice snack with a crunch.


       Being that it is February we are all starting to see Girl Scout Cookies. Being on a Sugar free whole foods eating plan like Trim Healthy Mama, requires you to forego the yearly indulgence of these cookies. That is really hard, honest I can relate to how hard it is … I used to buy cases of cookies and freeze them for longevity. With three sons even by the case they never did last nearly long enough.

      So to feed my cereal addiction as well as indulge in my favorite flavors of these cookies, I have been working on some cereals that work great for breakfasts and snacks. Yesterday I made the Coconut Caramel Crunch from this blog. This is an amazing snack as well as a wonderful topping for her
Samoa Shake
(Yep I linked the recipes for you). 



      But to get the taste of the "Samoa" cookies we all love so much it needed some chocolate and short bread. So I mixed up some cereal to meet that need. And melted some Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Chips to drizzle over the cereal, I used the baking chips because they stay solid at room temperature a lot better than skinny chocolate does.


Sugar-Free Coco Caramel Crunch Cereal
Printable Recipe
Ingredients:
½ cup of Whey Protein Powder
½ cup of Oat Fiber
1/3 cup of Sweet Blend or Sweetener of choice
¼ cup+ 2 TBS Coconut Oil, Melted
1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
3 TBS water
1 batch of Coconut Caramel Crunch Topping
1 Batch of Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Chips, Melted

 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F
Blend Whey, Oat Fiber and Sweet Blend.
With a fork stir dry ingredients as you add coconut oil in a gentle stream, combining into loose crumbs.
Stir in extract and water until dough is coarse crumbs, dump onto baking sheet and bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
This should be stored in the refrigerator so that the chocolate is stable.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment