Monday, December 8, 2014

Finding My Faith

Sometimes finding our faith in this crazy world we live in is difficult, We loose sight of the things that matter most. My world was a crazy place for many years, married to an alcoholic, issues with my children and their health as well as my own.

It wasn't like I had grown up without spiritual guidance, I had. I attended a catholic school from elementary school through my senior year in high school. Our family attended church weekly, I progressed through the sacraments with my classmates and friends. Only to find that after high school I really disliked going to Mass, it seemed fake and hypocritical to me. I had seen friends and family members profess such a love of God in worship but not within their daily walk through life.

I drifted through life without really finding a place where I could worship faithfully, leaving a void I did not want to face. We moved to Illinois and attended services at a non denominational church that has become my place of worship, I do miss parts of the traditional Catholic services however I am finding the ability to walk with God through life in a beautiful and fulfilling way.

 "You formed my inmost being; You knit me in my mother’s womb. I praise You, because I am wonderfully made." {Psalm 139}

No comments:

Post a Comment